Here are a few of the most common questions we get about FabSuite.
Minimum Client Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows XP
- Memory: 2 GB
- Disk Space: 2 GB
- Display Resolution: 1024×768
Recommended Client Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Disk Space: 4GB
Minimum Server Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2003
- Memory: 8 GB
- Server Disk Space: 10 GB
Recommended Server Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Server Disk Space: 100GB reserved for FabSuite (software and data), solid state drive (SSD)
- Standard drives are acceptable, but SSD’s truly make a difference in response times.
- No specific recommendation on processor. However, the preference is that the server NOT be Virtualized, or if Virtualized, the entire server be dedicated so the processor is not split.
FabSuite is a comprehensive suite of modules designed to work together seamlessly. The basic platform includes everything – you do not need to pick and choose modules. This gives you the ability to grow and benefit from all of the features FabSuite has to offer.
If you have special requirements, ask us during your free consultation about special versions we can offer.
Fast Setup Time
FabSuite comes with most of the basic information already in it. However, like any program you would have to enter the information particular to your company. You can also change the basic information already in the system to match how your company does business, with few exceptions.
Our Model Exchange tool gives you the ability to seamlessly round-trip information back and forth between FabSuite and TEKLA Structures or SDS/2 3D models. By importing a compressed XML file into FabSuite you will have access to drawing files, revisions, bill of materials, user-defined attributes, CNC data and more. You can use and update that data through the various modules in FabSuite like Combining, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Production Control, etc. After you have manipulated the data in FabSuite you can round-trip that data back into your 3D model with current status information and colorize the model base on those statuses.