Improvements Included in the 16.2r01 Release:
This release applies only to the Version 16.2 product and earlier versions.
Do not install this release if you are running a version greater than 16.2.
- Updating Pricing Maintenance via Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Estimating Job-Specific Pricing
- Each estimate now includes it’s own job-specific pricing maintenance area.
- This job-specific pricing area can be populated and updated without affecting the pricing of any other jobs.
- The job-specific pricing area acts as an override. If a size is present in the job-specific area then that
- price will be used, if not then it will fall back to the global pricing maintenance area.
- With job-specific pricing, coupled with the ability to update pricing from a requisition or purchase order,
- users now have a way to send an RFQ and update the estimate pricing in an automated way.
- User Manual Video
- Estimate Extras
- Estimate extras have been expanded to include labor code operations and formulas and additional burn, drill, punch, and weld operations.
- Multiple estimate extras can now be used on a single line item.
- Estimate extras can also be set up to include other estimate extras in order to represent common combinations of extra selections with a single code.
- User Manual Video
- Estimating Manual Overrides
- Labor times can be manually overridden on the labor detail, labor diagnostic, and estimate extra selection screens.
- Override an individual labor group, operation, estimate extra, or total time on a line item.
- Multiple line items can be overridden to achieve the desired total using any filters or applied to the estimate as a whole.
- User Manual Video
- Cut List Enhancements
- Changes to the properties of the parts or to the cutting details on the inventory stock no longer cause a cut list to become invalidated. Instead, the cut list will be updated to reflect the updated information.
- Purchasing Enhancements
- The load to requisition/purchase order options from production control can now have a sequence and/or lot # filter applied.
- ADM – Option added to have FabSuite automatically log out after a certain period of inactivity.
- ADM – Option added to forcibly log another user out of FabSuite.
- ADM – Shape Maintenance – Dimension format added for HSSR to display the diameter in decimal inches rather than fractions.
- ALL – A new pricing unit of measure option has been added for the price per SqFt (or SqM) of surface area – /SqFt-SA and /SqM-SA. The existing /SqFt and /SqM options represent the Length * Width area of plates, they are not useful for shapes from other material groups. These new options allow prices to be entered based on the total surface area of the member.
- EST – Global Edit – Options added when updating the estimate extra field to replace, add to, or remove from the existing values.
- EST – Parametric Assemblies, Labor Code Formulas, Estimate Extras – New variable: Quantity – represents the quantity of the line item on the estimate.
- EST – Parametric Assemblies, Labor Code Formulas, Estimate Extras – New variables: ‘Surface Area – SqFt’ and ‘Surface Area – SqM’.
- EST – Estimate Extras – New variable: Estimate Extra Quantity – represents the quantity applied to the estimate extra on the line item.
- INV – Expected drop added as an available display field.
- INV – Filters added for the expected drop length (for linear material) and expected drop area (for plate material).
- INV/PDC – TFS – Allow a drop length inches value to be entered greater than 11.
- ORD – Added the ability to revise a delivery ticket.
- Select the delivery record and click the ‘Add to Delivery’ button to add additional material to the existing delivery.
- Select the delivery record and click the ‘Reverse Delivery’ button to remove items from the delivery and reverse the TFS transactions.
- ORD – Added the ability to export invoices to QuickBooks from the main Order selection screen with the menu options ‘QuickBooks – Export Selected/Displayed Invoices’.
- ORD – Added the ability to export payments to QuickBooks from the main Order selection screen with the menu options ‘QuickBooks – Export Selected/Displayed Payments’.
- ORD – Option added to mark an order as complete.
- ORD – Company Standards – New option: Allow Invoicing of Material Not Delivered. Checked by default, if un-checked then material can only be invoiced after it has been delivered.
- PDC – Gross Weight and Gross Weight Each are now available as display fields.
- PDC – Company Standards – Added an option indicating whether to prompt for the weight type (net vs. gross) when running production control reports.
- PDC – Set Sequences – Quantity and weight displays added showing the totals for the selected assemblies.
- PDC – Load Tracking – The quantity assigned but not yet loaded has been added to the material locations screen.
- PDC – Added an option to allow grade substitutions to be allowed when processing a cut list.
- A new option called ‘Allow Cut List Grade Substitution’ has been added to the job information screen and to the company standards screen. This option must be enabled on the job that is being cut in order to consider substitute grades.
- A piece of inventory stock will be available to choose if the shape, dimensions, and length match the cut list and:
- The grade of the inventory must be a valid grade substitution for the grade called for on the cut list.
- If the inventory stock is reserved for a job then that job must also have the ‘Allow Cut List Grade Substitution’ option enabled.
- If the inventory stock is reserved for a job then the grade substitution must be reciprocal. For example, if the cut list calls for A36 then a piece of A992 stock that is reserved for another job will only be available if A992 is a valid substitution for A36 and A36 is a valid substitution for A992.
- PDC – Allow inspection records to be split when the sequence/lot of a partial quantity is updated in order to associate the correct inspection quantity with the new sequence/lot.
- PDC – When filtering on Load #, added the ability to filter by items not yet on a load.
- PDC – CNC Files – The number of profile cuts and the total profile cut length are now read from DSTV files.
- A profile cut is considered to be any exterior or interior cut on a part other than simple miter cuts and holes. Profile cuts are not counted for plates.
- PDC – New Display Fields Available: CNC File – Profile Cuts and CNC File – Total Profile Cut Length.
- PDC – New Filters Available: Has Profile Cuts and Number of Profile Cuts.
- PDC – The Load # filter is now functional on the main PDC bill of materials screen.
- PDC – Shipping Ticket Reports – The ship from name and address information is now available to the Stimulsoft reports.
- PDC – Purchasing Reports – Material Status filter added with the options Requisition, On Order, and In Stock.
- PDC/PRJ – Performance improvement running production control and project management reports when the project has many drawings and transmittals.
- PRJ – Drawing Log – Man Hours from production control added as an available display and input (shown in the input area, but display-only) field.
- Inspection – Assembly and accessory weights are now available to the reports.
- PO – Receiving Reports – Filters added on the locked and approved statuses.
- PO – New Company Standards Option: QuickBooks – Export PO Summary Only. If this option is checked then the QuickBooks export will only export the total amount rather than the line item details.
- PO – The PO total is now reduced when a line item is cancelled.
- PO – Rejecting a line item no longer reduces the on-order quantity. If the rejected material is not going to be re-delivered again then it should be cancelled as well.
- PRJ – Contract and Invoicing reports folded into the regular project management reports, allowing them to be run accross jobs as well as from automated events.
- PRJ – Report filter added for the invoice date.
- Crystal Report Viewer – The .pdf file extension is now selected by default when choosing to export the report and the report title is used as the default filename.
- SigmaNest Integration – Option added to include the main mark in the name of a part exported in a SigmaNest work order.
Install this update only if you are currently running version 16.2 or want to upgrade to version 16.2. If you want to remain on an earlier version, you should not install this release.
How to Download and Update to the Latest Version
Step 1: Run the FabLicense utility
To run FabLicense you can either:
- From within FabSuite, select the File Menu > Run FabLicense
- From your Windows START Button, select All Programs > FabSuite LLC > FabLicense
- From within Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\FabSuiteLLC\FabSuite\FabLicense.exe
Step 2: Download the Update Executable
- In FabLicense, select File Menu > Download
- The Company ID and Password should already be entered
- Click the Contact Server button
- The list of files available for download will be displayed
- Select and download the appropriate update file
- FabSuite162r01PrgmFilesUpdate.exe (make sure you select the appropriate version)
Step 3: Run the Update Executable
Special Note For Network Installations
Please run the new (downloaded) program on the server first, before running it on any of the client machines.
Do not hesitate to call the FabSuite Support Team if you experience any trouble updating your system.
Our Support Team can be reached at (757) 645-0914 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.