Improvements Included in the 17.0r01 Release:
This release applies only to the Version 17.0 product and earlier versions.
Do not install this release if you are running a version greater than 17.0.
- Instance Tracking
- Track the material, production, inspections, and shipping status of individual instances of assemblies and/or parts.
- Settings are available to set policies on the parts that should automatically be flagged for instance-level tracking.
- Allows the full history of an individual instance of a part to be tracked.
- Accessory part instances can be linked to an assembly instance, allowing that part history to be associated with the assembly instance it was used on.
- Piece Tracking Enhancements
- The piece tracking option now opens to a station summary for a quick-glance view of the current production status.
- A separate details screen shows the individual records for parts that have been completed.
- Filters are available on all of the new piece tracking screens.
- A one-click option has been added to the bill of materials screen to view the station summary of the selected assembly.
- Production Status Enhancements
- View the production status summarized on any combination of fields from the bill of materials.
- All production control filters are now available to be used on the production status screen.
- A one-click option has been added to the bill of materials screen to view the production status of the selected assembly.
- Look and feel of the main FabSuite window has been updated.
- ADM – Company Information – Options added to specify the logo alignment (left, center, right).
- ADM – Tabs added to the connection settings screen with several options:
- Separate ODBC Data Sources by Connection Details – If checked then separate ODBC data sources will be created for each IP/port used to connect to the database instead of updating the details of a single data source.
- Separate Default Directory Settings by Connection Details – If checked then a separate set of default directory settings are used based on the IP/port used to connect to the database.
- Separate Connection List by Username – If checked then the connection list, including the last IP/port used, will be saved separately based on the user logged into Windows.
- Separate Default Printer by Username – If checked then the default printer setting will be saved separately based on the user logged into Windows.
- Language – Selection of the UI language to use.
- Translate ‘Old-Style’ Screens – If checked then limited language support will be enabled on the ‘old-style’ screens that have not yet been re-designed for full language support.
- CMB/INV/REQ/PO – Global edit screens re-designed.
- EST – The estimate extra cost breakdown (detailing, erecting, galvanizing, material) is now available to reports.
- EST/PDC – Company Standards – Import Options – Use as Production Code setting now includes an option to use the Assembly Description as the production code.
- INV – Transaction History feature updated to perform dramatically better on larger databases.
- INV – Company Standards – New auto-calc part # format: Sequential – Increments each receipt, with RTS Count.
- ORD – Option added to lock an invoice, restricting it from being changed, canceled, or deleted unless it is unlocked.
- ORD – The quote/order contact email address is now used as the default recipient when using the Email PDF or Email Excel options from a report.
- PDC – TFS – Compute the waste amount based on the total length/area of parts cut compared to the stock length/area to account for all waste including kerf, squaring amounts, and plate skeletons.
- PDC – Job Information Screen – Setting added on the General Settings tab of the Combining Optimizations screen to specify the default inventory filters to use for combining runs.
- PDC – Gross Weight is now an available field for customized grid layouts on the select job selection screen.
- PDC – The performance of processing reports on very large jobs has been improved.
- PDC – Inventory Part # input added to the cut list processing screen in FabSuite.
- PRJ – Drawing Log – Package # added as an available input and display field.
- PRJ – Drawing Log – Package # filter added.
- Peddinghaus – Raptor Interface – Options added to indicate whether the date/time and stock length should be included in the iDSTV+ filename.
- Steel Projects Interface – Option added to the PDC cut list screen to share/un-share a cut list from Steel Projects.
- SigmaNest Interface – The full quantity of parts with the same piece mark are now sent as a single line item to SimTrans.
Install this update only if you are currently running version 16.2 and want to upgrade to version 17.0. If you want to remain on an earlier version, you should not install this release.
How to Download and Update to the Latest Version
Step 1: Run the FabLicense utility
To run FabLicense you can either:
- From within FabSuite, select the File Menu > Run FabLicense
- From your Windows START Button, select All Programs > FabSuite LLC > FabLicense
- From within Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\FabSuiteLLC\FabSuite\FabLicense.exe
Step 2: Download the Update Executable
- In FabLicense, select File Menu > Download
- The Company ID and Password should already be entered
- Click the Contact Server button
- The list of files available for download will be displayed
- Select and download the appropriate update file
- FabSuite170r01PrgmFilesUpdate.exe (make sure you select the appropriate version)
Step 3: Run the Update Executable
Special Note For Network Installations
Please run the new (downloaded) program on the server first, before running it on any of the client machines.
Do not hesitate to call the FabSuite Support Team if you experience any trouble updating your system.
Our Support Team can be reached at (757) 645-0914 or by email at email@example.com.