Improvements Included in the 17.0r03 Release:
This release applies only to the Version 17.0 product and earlier versions.
Do not install this release if you are running a version greater than 17.0.
- ADM – Shape Maintenance – Add a new dimension format option for Beams: Depth x Width x Web Thickness x Flange Thickness with surface area format #9.
- ADM – Add a ‘Join Online Meeting with FabSuite Support’ link on the About screen to open https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join
- ADM – Internationalization – The date inputs may function incorrectly when the language setting has been overridden from the system default (resolved).
- ADM – Company Information – A logo with the internal units of PixelsPerCentimeter instead of PixelsPerInch displays differently on the Crystal Reports versus the Stimulsoft Reports (resolved).
- EST – Shop Setup Maintenance – Adding and deleting a shop setup can take a long time (resolved).
- EST – Excel Import – Error importing a line if the manual cost value includes the currency symbol (resolved).
- EST – Labor Code Formats, Parametric Assemblies, Estimate Extras – ‘Weight Each – Pounds’ and ‘Weight Each – Kilograms’ added as available standard variables.
- INV – Edit Display Fields – It is possible to add two fields with the same display name, resulting in an error when opening inventory (resolved).
- ORD – QuickBooks Invoice Export – Added company standards options for the sales tax codes to use for taxable and non-taxable items.
- PDC – Error opening a job when the display field list does not include the Quantity field (resolved).
- PDC – Error applying a production code to a line item when the production code has an override man hours setting using the /MainPc units (resolved).
- PDC – Error completing items on a cut list when using replication (resolved).
- PDC – Excel Import – The import file is read incorrectly when a single field contains multiple lines of text (resolved).
- PDC – Error processing a cut list report when a plate cutting detail has a filter applied that includes some parts but not others (resolved).
- PDC – Imports – If the finish or pay category is changed as part of the import then only the main member is updated, accessories are not updated properly (resolved).
- PDC – Cut Lists – When a cutting detail is completed the instance numbers shown for the parts may not be the ones actually cut if there are multiple bars combined the exact same way (resolved).
- PDC – Reports do not process and render correctly when replication is enabled (resolved).
- PRJ – Contract & Invoicing – Typo in the AIA 702 report (sword instead of sworn) (resolved).
- REQ – Error starting a combining run with a Route filter in place (resolved).
- PO – Timberline Export – Ugly error message when there are no purchase orders selected to export (resolved).
- Imports – Error importing a dimension in the format [Diameter] x [Diameter] x [Type] when the first ‘x’ is surrounded by space characters (resolved).
- Pricing Maintenance – Global Edit – Increase/Decrease price by percentage option often results in prices at 3 or 4 decimal places instead of the original 2 (resolved).
- SigmaNest Interface – Corrected issues related to metric/imperial remnants (resolved).
Install this update only if you are currently running version 17.0r01 and want to upgrade to version 17.0r03 If you want to remain on an earlier version, you should not install this release.
How to Download and Update to the Latest Version
Step 1: Run the FabLicense utility
To run FabLicense you can either:
- From within FabSuite, select the File Menu > Run FabLicense
- From your Windows START Button, select All Programs > FabSuite LLC > FabLicense
- From within Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\FabSuiteLLC\FabSuite\FabLicense.exe
Step 2: Download the Update Executable
- In FabLicense, select File Menu > Download
- The Company ID and Password should already be entered
- Click the Contact Server button
- The list of files available for download will be displayed
- Select and download the appropriate update file
- FabSuite170r03PrgmFilesUpdate.exe (make sure you select the appropriate version)
Step 3: Run the Update Executable
Special Note For Network Installations
Please run the new (downloaded) program on the server first, before running it on any of the client machines.
Do not hesitate to call the FabSuite Support Team if you experience any trouble updating your system.
Our Support Team can be reached at (757) 645-0914 or by email at email@example.com.