Improvements Included in the 18.0r01 Release:
This release applies only to the Version 18.0 product and earlier versions.
Do not install this release if you are running a version greater than 18.0 (i.e. 18.1 or higher).
- New Product: FabSuite View
- Associate an IFC file with a job and then open the 3D model directly from the job.
- Import an IFC file directly into an estimate.
- Interact back and forth between the job and the model – selecting, isolating, filtering, and zooming into parts.
- Color the model based on bill of material fields as well as material, production, and shipping status.
- Easily find any parts in the model that are not in the FabSuite bill of materials.
- List any parts that are in the FabSuite bill of materials and are not in the model.
- Proactively find issues before they become serious problems.
User Manual | Video
- User Interface Enhancements
- The requisition, purchase order, and combining run results screens have been re-designed in the updated user interface.
- Dynamically adjust the width and height of the screens.
- Right-click on the grid to customize the grid layout on the fly.
- EST – Global Edit – Added the ability to update the page.
- EST – Labor Group Maintenance – The group number is not being validated properly to a valid integer, resulting in possible database errors if a non-integer is entered. fixed.
- EST – Unable to run reports after changing the shop efficiency when replication is enabled and FabSuite is connected to a secondary slave server. fixed.
- INV – Transaction History – The Item History tab can display incorrect information when the item’s history includes a ‘INV Group Duplicate’ transaction. fixed.
- INV – Transaction History – The Item History tab can display incorrect information when the item’s history includes a ‘INV API Un-Combine’ transaction. fixed.
- ORD – Price Levels – When setting the price levels by weight the new price level is not always selected correctly. fixed.
- PDC – Cut Lists – Unable to re-validate a cutting detail. fixed.
- PDC – The Main Member Instance Tracking and Accessory Instance Tracking job settings are not carried over properly when copying a job. fixed.
- PDC – Job Information – Load Info button pulls in the client name but does not select the correct address, if an address selection other than the default is on the PRJ job. fixed.
- PDC – Shipping Ticket Reports – The top text can render in an odd way when it has to wrap to more than one page. fixed.
- PDC – Job Information Screen – It is possible to link the production control job to a project with an incompatible drawing number input type setting. fixed.
- PRJ – Request for Information – Added a filter for the Originator Name.
- PRJ – Change Order – Added a filter for the Change Order Author.
- API – TFSCut command does not correctly record the part serial numbers when the parts are not already flagged for instance tracking. fixed.
Install this update only if you wish to upgrade to version 18.0. If you want to remain on an earlier version, you should not install this release.
How to Download and Update to the Latest Version
Step 1: Run the FabLicense utility
To run FabLicense you can either:
- From within FabSuite, select the File Menu > Run FabLicense
- From your Windows START Button, select All Programs > FabSuite LLC > FabLicense
- From within Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\FabSuiteLLC\FabSuite\FabLicense.exe
Step 2: Download the Update Executable
- In FabLicense, select File Menu > Download
- The Company ID and Password should already be entered
- Click the Contact Server button
- The list of files available for download will be displayed
- Select and download the appropriate update file
- FabSuite180r01PrgmFilesUpdate.exe (make sure you select the appropriate version)
Step 3: Run the Update Executable
Special Note For Network Installations
Please run the new (downloaded) program on the server first, before running it on any of the client machines.
Do not hesitate to call the FabSuite Support Team if you experience any trouble updating your system.
Our Support Team can be reached at (757) 645-0914 or by email at email@example.com.