Improvements Included in the 18.0r02 Release:
This release applies only to the Version 18.0 product and earlier versions.
Do not install this release if you are running a version greater than 18.0 (i.e. 18.1 or higher).
- EST – Estimate Status input and display field added.
- Options set in Maintenance > Estimating > Estimate Status Maintenance.
- Available as a filter.
- Available as a colorization option on the Model Viewer Interface screen.
- EST – IFC Import – Bolts can be read with the hole diameter as the bolt diameter. fixed.
- EST – Shapes with the surface area format #10 calculate with a perimeter of 0. fixed.
- EST – The shape and labor code display labels now stretch to the end of the input area if there are no fields to the right of them to take advantage of the available space.
- INV – Error selecting additional filters after first setting an Expected Drop Length/Width filter. fixed.
- PDC – FabSuite View – ‘Enable/Disable Auto-Select in/from Model’ right-click options added..
- PDC – Production Status – Options added to show the assembly weight and assembly gross weight.
- PDC – Job Selection Screen – The job number of the linked project management job has been added as an available display field.
- REQ – When in Manual Combine Mode with a line item selected that is already combined, the F4 key triggers the Remove Items button instead of the Save button. fixed.
- REQ – Error filtering on any of the production fields. fixed.
- GO – Unable to log into GO when the machine running the Remote Server service has a per-computer license. fixed.
- GO – Inspections – Updating an existing test record resets the original test date/time. fixed.
- ADM – Replication – Deleting a production control job can result in inconsistencies in some log tables. fixed.
- STS Interface – The export to STS can fail for jobs with a huge total quantity (>1M). fixed.
- Steel Projects Integration – Error exporting a combining run for Steel Projects when the user logged into FabSuite does not have the CMB Company Standards > Update permission. fixed.
Install this update only if you wish to upgrade to version 18.0. If you want to remain on an earlier version, you should not install this release.
How to Download and Update to the Latest Version
Step 1: Run the FabLicense utility
To run FabLicense you can either:
- From within FabSuite, select the File Menu > Run FabLicense
- From your Windows START Button, select All Programs > FabSuite LLC > FabLicense
- From within Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\FabSuiteLLC\FabSuite\FabLicense.exe
Step 2: Download the Update Executable
- In FabLicense, select File Menu > Download
- The Company ID and Password should already be entered
- Click the Contact Server button
- The list of files available for download will be displayed
- Select and download the appropriate update file
- FabSuite180r02PrgmFilesUpdate.exe (make sure you select the appropriate version)
Step 3: Run the Update Executable
Special Note For Network Installations
Please run the new (downloaded) program on the server first, before running it on any of the client machines.
Do not hesitate to call the FabSuite Support Team if you experience any trouble updating your system.
Our Support Team can be reached at (757) 645-0914 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.