Improvements Included in the 18.0r03 Release:
This release applies only to the Version 18.0 product and earlier versions.
Do not install this release if you are running a version greater than 18.0 (i.e. 18.1 or higher).
- FabSuite View – EST – Added the ability to colorize the model by labor code, production code, and finish.
- FabSuite View – PDC – Added the ability to colorize the model by finish.
- FabSuite View – Import IFC GUIDs – Matching does not work when the KISS file from SDS/2 imports main members with a piece mark matching the main mark and the IFC file has a different piece mark for the main member. fixed.
- FabSuite View – Unable to update the viewer plugin on 32-bit systems. fixed.
- FabSuite View – Shipping information is not colorized correctly for unsequenced parts. fixed.
- FabSuite View – View Parts not in Model – Doesn’t work in some cases with models from Tekla Structures. fixed.
- FabSuite View – Parts not in any assembly when selected are not included on the Set Sequences screen in FabSuite. fixed.
- ADM – Possible error when logging in with a password that does not meet the policy and changing the password when prompted. fixed.
- EST – After changing the properties of a size in Shape/Grade/Size Maintenance the new values may not take effect in the labor calculations until FabSuite is restarted. fixed.
- EST – List of Changes Report – Date/Time is blank in some cases. fixed.
- EST – KISS Import – Error importing accessory parts that have a piece mark. fixed.
- PDC – Load Tracking – The next load numbers may be chosen incorrectly when previous load numbers contain more than 5 consecutive non-numeric characters. fixed.
- PDC – Cut Lists – When a part has been on a cut list but excluded from being cut it will not appear as available to add to a subsequent cut list if the Cut List=[blank] filter is set. fixed.
- PDC – Production Status Export – Shipping information is not shown correctly for unsequenced parts.fixed.
- PDC – Error when a user that does not have administrative credentials attempts to delete a job. fixed.
- REQ – Import Pricing from Excel – Fails if the base price has a trailing space character. fixed.
- Pricing Maintenance – Global Edit – The increase/decrease price by percentage options do not work when in run-specific pricing maintenance. fixed.
- REQ – Error opening the requisition screen after adding the Reference # field on the Maintenance > Requisitions > Edit Display Fields screen. fixed.
- REQ – When combining a requisition with the option to combine within sequence turned off the part sequences are always blank on the results screen. fixed.
Install this update only if you wish to upgrade to version 18.0. If you want to remain on an earlier version, you should not install this release.
How to Download and Update to the Latest Version
Step 1: Run the FabLicense utility
To run FabLicense you can either:
- From within FabSuite, select the File Menu > Run FabLicense
- From your Windows START Button, select All Programs > FabSuite LLC > FabLicense
- From within Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\FabSuiteLLC\FabSuite\FabLicense.exe
Step 2: Download the Update Executable
- In FabLicense, select File Menu > Download
- The Company ID and Password should already be entered
- Click the Contact Server button
- The list of files available for download will be displayed
- Select and download the appropriate update file
- FabSuite180r03PrgmFilesUpdate.exe (make sure you select the appropriate version)
Step 3: Run the Update Executable
Special Note For Network Installations
Please run the new (downloaded) program on the server first, before running it on any of the client machines.
Do not hesitate to call the FabSuite Support Team if you experience any trouble updating your system.
Our Support Team can be reached at (757) 645-0914 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.